Blargenshnuggle

Bringing you a mixture of serious, fun, and stupidity in one cluster of a blog. I kind of like it.

 
Chat Box
Cool Websites
Ebaumsworld
MJ Morning Show
Games
Sudoku from SudokuPuzz.com
Click my sponsors!
Add-on stuff

Feeds

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Rojo

Add Blargenshnuggle to Newsburst from CNET News.com

Add to Google

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in FeedLounge

Add to netvibes

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Bitty Browser

Add to Plusmo

Add Blargenshnuggle to ODEO

Subscribe in podnova

Unbelievable- but not surprised.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006


When I heard about this......well, honestly I don't have words to describe the feeling I had. Disgust maybe? Here's the short version:

We have numerous American citizens in Lebanon at the moment, and of course they want to be evacuated. Rightfully so. The slow pace of the American evacuation was embarassing itself, let alone the fact that it would have cost around $3,000 dollars per person to get evacuated by helicopter, and regular commercial rates if evacuated by plane or ship. So these poor Americans over there who are scared shitless, now have to worry about coming up with some major dollar amounts to get out of a warzone?!?! It made me sick. The first thing on my mind would be to get our people out of there as quick as possible, and worry about the money later.

So you mean to tell me that a country that wages a $300 billion dollar questionable war is worried about collecting airfare from American citizens trapped in a damn warzone???? Now I want to puke.


***Breaking News from CNN.com****
As I am writing this there is actually breaking news stating that the fees will be waived. As good as this news is - it never should have been an issue.

Article here
posted by Ryan @ 6:10 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger The dykes next door said…

    Never under estimate the power of greed! If there is a way to make money, people don't matter. People just don't care about other people any more. Remember Katrina? No one cared about those people either. The first day, I would have cancelled school for the entire state and sent every school bus in the state down to pick up people. No matter what the cost. Money seems to be more important now days than compassion.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Yes I agree, seems like it's all about the $$ these days. Wasn't there a time (before I was born) when people actually gave a shit about other people?

    Like the article said - a bill passed in 1956 says that the government has to be reimbursed for evacuating citizens in this type of situation. Regardless - the money talk shouldn't have even been brought up until after we get our people out of there.

    I was in a very heated debate with my boss about this today, and I'm sure he'll see this, so I will calm down for now....lol

    Anway, thanks for the post:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ryan
Home: Midwest, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
<
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Google Ads
Reserved